Friday 1 May 2020

My Diary Entry During Codi19 Pandemic 13/04/2020

My Diary Entry During Codi19 Pandemic 13/04/2020
Looking out of the window, during Easter Bank Holiday, everything seems so normal.
The sun is out and the garden grass is green. The pear tree is in full blossom and bluebells and pansies, daisies dot the garden with their fragile beauty. The birds are singing in the trees. It is a beautiful spring day.
However this year, I did not feel like going out to enjoy the scenery. A helpless feeling came over me, that the world outside no longer seems familiar to me. It felt like the very air had been poisoned.
“Isolation” “social distancing” “lockdown” now make up a part of my vocabulary that was never there before. Its feels like I am trapped in an island of my own home.
Why is this happening? And why now? Mother Earth is teaching are valuable lessons. Mainly we should appreciate her, because humankind treatment and disrespect of the world had been going on for too long.
I continuously pray for those who have passed and for their families and friends. I also pray for those to recover.
However, I am keeping strong for me and my family. Helping with online shop. Staying up at 1am or 2am in the morning to get a delivery slot. I got one for the 20/4/2020 and just felt so grateful to God, grateful to the people stocking our supermarkets and the delivery people delivering to our doors. I always say thankyou to them and show gratitude. I am not getting the brands that I usually have, but I really don’ t care. Just grateful to have something to stock our larders.
Our neighbourhood did clap for the NHS workers, keyworkers, teachers, people providing daily service, postmen and women, the milkmen and women, people stocking our supermakets, delivery people and civil servants. It was so humbling to see people clap and be able to show gratitude.
I did meditation and yoga this morning. This helps with my anxiety and I do try and sit by the window to absorb the natural sunlight. I had vitamin D this morning and oranges. I must keep my immune system boosted. I more health conscious then before.
I keep cleaning and doing household chores. Mundane tasks must go on even in the wake of CODI 19. I am improving my cooking skills and want to learn how to make spinach pancakes and cream of vegetable soup----yummy. I have a new found enthusiasm. I have found joy in housework?
Spoke to the neigbour from my bedroom window. I just said “Hi, How are you doing?” The neighbours are helping each other. There is a new found solidarity among us. We have time for each other and for our families and friends.
I hope I can go out eventually into the garden. This pandemic is finally teaching the humanrace the real values in life. Subrata. x

No comments:

Post a Comment