Sunday 18 January 2015

Blue Butterfly By Subrata Saha

BLUE BUTTERFLY

Sitting on Collard Hill,
inhaling the intoxicating smells of lavender, orchids and wild thyme.
I gaze at the richness and beauty of English summertime.

The sky is of a clear blue.
The wispy clouds of white not to be seen anywhere.
Summer infusion of sounds and smell brings my senses alive.
I am waiting patiently for a friend.

I sit alone on this hill.
The grass is like a velvet carpet under the tips of my fingers.

I see patchwork of fields of green, red, gold
stretching into the distance.
The heat of Mother Earth, causing waves of energy evaporating into the air.

Swallows fly swooping and catching insects on the wind.
The cool summer breeze caresses my face.

I am still waiting patiently fort my friend.

Then I see her…
A sign of gathering blue.
She is of perfect, symmetry and design.
Her wings aligned,
A mirror image of each other.
Fluttering in the breeze as she lands on a lavender fresh.
Dark black veins that light up under the sun rays.
She the brightest of electric blues.

I hold my breath and do not stir.
I do not wish to disturb the silence.

She unwinds her proboscis ,
Taking up the sweet nectar of the flower,
That nourishes her with life.
A true blue beauty of nature she is.

She now sits delicately on the palm of my hand.
We sit together for an eternal moment,
And then she takes flight and is free.


I am glad I waited patiently for my friend.
My soul has been set free.


By Subrata Saha ( Copyright  13/08/2014)

30-30-30

No comments:

Post a Comment