Sunday 18 January 2015

RORY A poem dedicated to my favourite Irish Rock Blues Guitarist Rory Gallagher


RORY

An echo in the void,
A rich velvety blend of electric sound.
The first clear crisp chords
of “Cradle Rock”.

A thousands moons in time I have travelled
to be here,
A myriad of octaves, trebles, sharps and flats
travels towards me
to be uplifted by your musical notes in a swirl of
song,
The “music sound” hypnotises me from beyond.

A pinpoint of sound makes its way to me,
Your melody burns fire in my soul.

Then I see you….I see you……Rory……

The harmonics of sound as you play,
You dissonance and resonance,
You rock,
We rock

Those gentle fingers of gentle hands,
Moving with a soft pulse like feel over the fret board,
Masculinity to the fullness,
Light touch of fingers,
Fingers dance and dance and dance….

Wave after wave…
Poetry of sound after sound….

Your beautiful dark chocolaty hair,
Cascading gently over your angel like face,
Beautiful Celtic patterns of your check shirt,
Illuminating under the lights,
Your band behind you all the way.


Your music gives you intense joy in your eyes,
Tears in our eyes,
Those strong Irish hands bring the “woman guitar” alive,
A music love affair.

Your music pours over us,
Like sun kissed rain of golden drops.

Poetry and prose about life’s hard ways,
The Blues brings out every emotion,
It tells the truth.

Your guitar sang, it sang, it sang...
You are there. You take us there.
I am connected to you.

You touch my soul, my soul, my soul…
You read my soul...your music heals our souls...

The Blue note is the only true note,
The Blue note is you.

By Subrata Saha ( August 2011)





No comments:

Post a Comment